Spanish Music


Sunday, July 13, 2008

We are in Canada. We've been here since the beginning of June and we'll probably be here for the rest of the summer, until the end of August. I'm not happy to be here this long. The only problem I really had with coming to Canada was how long we were going to be here. It's really draining and stressful here even in the summer. I think that 2 weeks every 2-3 months would be just fine.
Four days after we got back I had a Harp Ensemble and end of the year concert. My Dad and brother Locklin had driven the van up to Canada with my Harp and the cats. They had dropped the Harp off in Arizona for my Grandparents to drive up with so there would be enough room in the van for Dad to pick us up from the airport. (The rest of us got to fly to Utah.) We then drove the last 15 hours together. We got to Calgary 2 days before my grandparents so I only had 2 days to practice on my harp all the brand new Ensemble music for the concert after I hadn't played Harp for about a week and a half. Needless to say I did a lot of practicing and gave myself blisters because my calluses had softened up. I did pretty well at the recital.
I haven't had much to do. Keltie, Mom, and Dad got jobs and gramma and grampa left for Summerland B.C. I also tried to get a job but it turns out that most places you have to be 15 years old. I, however, am only 14 years and 10 months. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get enough money to buy stuff and a plane ticket out of here. I figured out today that if I leave July 20 It's only $519.00 for a plane ticket. I have an I OWE U from my parents for around $540.00 so it would totally work! I would just have to find a way to convince them to let me stay by myself in Mexico for a whole month.... maybe if Keltie came too...
It seems like last minute flights are waaayy cheaper.
Our aunt Hilary has been hanging out with us a lot. She usually picks Keltie up from work then hangs out with us until bedtime. She's been going to school in Hawaii and has a "almost Fiancee" there. We get together and talk about warm, humidity, sun, the ocean, how cool it is living somewhere tropical and the language and culture differences. On Wednesday and Thursday nights we watch So You Think You Can Dance ( SYTYCD) My favourite T.V show. The only one I really like actually. I feel like I watch a lot of T.V here because there's nothing else to do. We haven't had T.V for at least 5 years. I'm convinced it sucks out your brain until you can't do anything but eat, sleep, talk about, and watch T.V.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Hey Sabie. It is your dad's cousin Mike here. It is great to read about how you are doing - you write well. Living in Mexico sounds very interesting, relaxing, and enjoyable. Keep on blogging.