Spanish Music


Sunday, August 24, 2008

I just got back from Summerland!! Grandma and Grampa came back for about a week and then they were going back. The boys were going with them and it was only going to be for 10 days so I decided that I was going to go too. The only sucky thing was that Y.W's camp was during the same week. I've never gone to girls camp and I don't think I'll ever get to, but this was going to be the last time I could go to Summerland for a while. Besides I had to go to keep the boys in check.
I had tons of fun.It was a little wierd not having Keltie there but still good. Our Grandparents forever friends the Bakers were there as always and thier daughter Marti with her kids. Her oldest is only 9 (Jesse) but we get along great playing cards and stuff. A few days before we left we had some more friends come ( I can't remember thier last name so I just call them the British people.) They had a daughter who was 12 and a boy my age. Abigail and I clicked really fast and Jesse and Sam got along too despite the age difference. You would think it would have been the other way around.
The British kids were obsessed with races. I mean, everything we did was either a race or a contest. I got so tired from racing to the bouy and back over and over again. Grampa bought a Kayak a few years back and they had one too so we were racing those as well. It was still a lot of fun.
One of my most favourite things about Summerland that is always tradition is that we play cards. A lot. This year we did something special and had a marble tournament. We had 2 marble boards and we drew partners out of a hat. Then the four pairs would split into two's and then the winners would take on the winners of the other board. I won them both. Don Baker and I were the champions and won huge Slurpees. That was so awesome.
Locklin said something so hilarious. He was like, " Grandma, can you teach me a new card game? I'm getting sick of playing Old May and Goldfish." Then Grandma said, " Well we could play Old Maid and Go Fish." I don't think he caught on until we all were laughing at him later.
Locklin made us go to Summerland Sweets. It's something that we've always done even though if you've done it once you've seen it all. It really sucked this year because they no longer do tours and thier movie i9s on VHS and really needed to be replaced. And they replaced thier ice cream place with wine tasting.
I went home with the Bakers 3 days earlier than everybody else. I had a dentist appiontment that we could't reschedule. That meant I had to sit in the backseat of thier truck with thier guard dog Doberman/ . She is wayy over protective and didn't seem to like me very much whenever I had come to thier campsite but she LOVED me on the 8 hour drive home. She basically sat in my lap the entire way. But I really like animals so I was okay with it Don and Karen didn't like the way she was sitting on the seats and crushing me and not listening. She is a very good dog though.
We are leaving Canada in less than 5 days! We have a flight for Mexico that leaves Utah on September 6. My Dad and Uncle Jamie are going to drive down to Mexico a couple days before so they can pick us up from the airport when we get there. I'M SO EXCITED!!

No comments: